Maybe you can’t break away from work to travel to Uganda or Israel, but you can still help! Beyond dental care we also try to relieve some of the worst forms of poverty in the areas we serve. Often it is this offering of additional items that encourages participation in dental events.
Items Desperately Needed:
- Clothes (all sizes)
- Children’s books
- Kitchen Items
- Tooth brushes
- Dental instruments
- Autoclaves (to sterilize instruments)
- Dental disposables
- Old electronics in working order (cell phones, radios, small appliances)
Community Service Opportunities
If your service group, club or organization are looking for ways to meet community service goals, please consider Dental Hope for Children. Here are some GREAT ways you can earn community service hours and help change the lives of so many children. Here are some ideas that others have used….see if one of them might spark some ideas!
- Organize a car wash and donate proceeds toward helping purchase dental equipment and supplies
- Have a toothbrush drive and have competitions between groups to see who can get the most toothbrushes in a given amount of time. All toothbrushes then donated to DHC.
- Donation Yard Sale. Group organizes a multiple family yard sale in one location and the proceeds are donated to DHC. Anything left over from the yard sale is donated to DHC (nothing to haul back home!).
- Help Tim and Maria, and others in the DHC group, pack boxes for shipping, prepare equipment for travel.
- Volunteer to manage help with social media.
- Have Used Goods Drive at work, school or in front of participating businesses. Then donate items to DHC.
- Collect and break down shipping boxes for use in shipping items.
- Part time volunteers needed to act in various office administration capacities.